April 2010 - A worldwide manufacturer of small aircraft, Tecnam, contacted us to design their website and some custom built solutions for their new North American headquarters. The design was based solely upon input from the client, however, True Value Web took on the responsibility for pulling it all together with the custom programmed "extras". One of the client's requirements was to have a dealer and service center locator. We implemented a back-end database to store the locations, contact information, and coordinates and created a front end script which would pull that information from the database and place designated icons on the map. When a user first visits the locator, the search location is automatically pre-filled with the current location of the user. The user can then optionally type a new location to search from, select a radius, and press search to show the nearest location(s). Our client also wanted a private area for aircraft owners, dealers, maintenance and service centers to log in to. We created a fully unique customer management system and restricted area portal. The client (or dealers) can enter new owners into the customer management system. Those owners would then get an activation e-mail instructing them on how to use the private log in system. Tecnam North America can use the system for providing private news in the restricted area portal for any combination of user types as well as creating public news items which not only show to everyone who uses the private log in system, but also on the main website. Tecnam North America also uses the system to upload private files available for download to owners, dealers, or maintenance and service centers. In the future, the client would like to use the locations of all sold aircraft to display a map of North America with markers designating their current locations. The database system was built with that in mind, as well as offering the ability to expand in the future with other functionality ideas.
- Web design based of specific client instructions
- Custom database for dealer and service center locations
- Custom designed front-end dealer and service center locator
- Custom back-end database for customer management
- Restricted area portal for private news and private downloads
- Ability for future applications to access / manipulate information in the database
September 2008 - Jennifer Wright has been in the realty business for a long time and finally decided it was time to "get with the 21st century" and get herself and her associates an online presence. Jennifer required a custom design that could integrate her freshly redesigned logo. She also wanted the ability to place listings that her and her associates are selling directly on her website, rather than just linking to the local MLS system. We placed a basic custom design on top of a very powerful yet simple to use content management system which is geared towards realtors. Jennifer and her associates can log in to the administrative end of the website and easily create new listings, upload photos, and provide information about the properties they are selling without any special web programming knowledge. We also added some static content such as the company's history, biographies, testimonials, and helpful links for those who have just moved to the area or are looking at moving to the area. Later, we added a search for that would allow visitors to search the entire REIN Multiple Listing Service directly from Jennifer's website. This keeps Jennifer's contact information in front of the user no matter which property they were looking at.
- Basic web design place on top a realtor content management system
- Custom link to REIN MLS system, which kept client's contact information in front of the users at all times
- Static content to inform the user about the company, associates, as well as provide useful information
Many web developers are looking for an easy way to block certain countries, states / provinces, regions, zip codes / postal codes, and/or area codes from accessing their Joomla website or specific pages / areas on their website (such as login or registration) while still allowing IP address / IP range exclusions (such as search engine bots). With our Joomla plugin, you are now able to block access to your website based on Geo-location information. Simply install the plugin, enter the areas you would like to block, and you're done. Blocked visitors will either see a basic textual block message or they will be redirected to another URL; both of which are configured in the settings.
On the other hand, if you have a list of only approved countries, states / provinces, regions, zip codes / postal codes, and/or area codes, you may enter those to specifically allow them and block all other areas (new in version 1.1).
- Apply to the entire website or to a specified subset of pages (new in version 1.4)
- Block website access by country
- Block website access by US States or provinces
- Block website access by Zip Codes or Postal Code (including the ability to enter an entire range)
- Block website access by Telephone Area Codes (including the ability to enter an entire range)
- Alternatively, allow only a list of pre-approved areas and block all others
- Exclude IP addresses or range of IP addresses from being blocked using comma separated values, dash separated ranges, CIDR ranges, and wildcards (new in version 1.2)
- Check visitor's IP address once every 15 minutes instead on every page load to improve speed and lessen server loads (new in version 1.1)
- Display blocked message to website visitor or redirect blocked website visitor to another internal or external URL. NOTE: If you've setup the plugin to block the 'Entire Joomla Website' and you want to redirect to an internal URL, make sure you exclude this particular URL from blocking by placing it in the 'Pages to Exclude Restrictions' text box. (new in version 1.6)
- External server look-ups mean you get the most up-to-date information without any manual updating or subscription fees
By default, the plugin uses an external server to look-up geographic IP address location data which is updated once a month. The database is over 99.5% accurate on a country level and 79% accurate on a city level for the US within a 25 mile radius. This requires that your web server supports cURL on port 80 (most web servers do). The plugin also gives you the option of manually downloading the geographic IP location database periodically and uploading to your own server. This allows you to use a more accurate version of the GeoIP database. However, the external server look-up is very fast, very accurate, and is adequate for most users.
The plugin has been programmed and tested with Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5. Feel free to test in other versions of Joomla and report back to us so we can update our information. Feel free to test in other versions of Joomla and report back to us so we can update our information. If you have problems with the plugin in other versions of Joomla and would like us to update the plugin for your version of Joomla, contact us.
Optional access to the external server which looks up the geographic IP address location data requires a monthly payment of $5 per month (or $48 per year) per domain to cover bandwidth and server resources. If you choose to run the plugin using the local server option, you will need to obtain a copy of the GeoIP database (paid and free versions available) from MaxMind and periodically manually update it yourself.
Sign-up today to gain access to the plugin (v1.7 released 2013/03/13) and begin your subscription to the external server data feed. Also listed on The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED).
2012/01/03 - Initial Release, v1.0.
2012/02/05 - Modified plugin to only check visitor's IP address once every 15 minutes instead on every page load to improve speed and lessen server loads. Also added option to allow OR block specific codes, v1.1.
2012/02/06 - Added ability to exclude IP addresses or IP address ranges from being checked, v1.2.
2012/02/07 - Bug fixes. Also released Joomla 1.6, 1.7, and 2.5 compatible version.
2013/01/01 - Bug fixes. Added ability to block or allow access to certain URLs rather than the entire website, v1.4.
2013/02/20 - Bug fix related to the local server option when used with a GeoIP Country or GeoIP Region database file, v1.5.
2013/03/10 - Feature enhancement; added 'Pages to Exclude Restrictions' text box which can be used to exclude blocking on certain pages when the plug-in scope is set to 'Apply to Entire Joomla Website', v1.6.
2013/03/13 - Bug fixes. Updated to allow for the integration with CloudFlare, v1.7
2013/05/04 - Updated external server feed URL. Bug fixes related to timeouts and subscription expired error messages when plugin is unable to connect to external server feed URL, v1.8.
GeoBlocker Joomla Plugin + Unlimited GeoIP Data Look-ups - $5.00/mo (or $48/yr) + $19.95 purchase fee.
AlphaUserPoints CPALead Postback Joomla Plugin - $5.00 (instant download)
- Full setup and installation instructions, including screen-shots of the back-end admin plug-n options can be found here.
- Front-End Demo can be found here. (Create a user account, login, and click "Earn Points" at the top. Complete an offer and watch your available points grow.)
- A CPALead account is required (click here to sign-up under us) and obviously AlphaUserPoints is also required.